Location: Prince of Wales Showgrounds, Holmes Road, Bendigo Victoria
Since 1877, the Sheep Show has been showcasing Australia’s top wool growers and prime lamb producers and now attracts thousands of fans of woollen fashion, food and fibre.
You can view fine woollen designs at the Australian Wool Innovation fashion parades, see ‘wearable art’ and other amazing entries from top Woolcraft competitors.
Getting there: Sheep Show bus meets V Line melbourne inbound trains daily in morning and shuttle to showgrounds for $2.00 Gold Coin donation and returns in afternoon to meet V Line Melbourne bound trains
Last year we had an “Oh Wow!” reaction to the theatre-lit exhibition in our enormous Civic Hall – a quirky mix of farmer’s armour, floating art garments, evocative quilts and more.
This year our Civic Hall will again host a collection of exhibitions including works by Catherine O’Leary, Dijanne Cevaal and Ilka White, wearable art around the theme “Love, Loss & What I Wore” and a touching and beautiful installation. Other activities include:
• A program of inventive workshops by great tutors.
• “Love, Loss & What I Wore”, wearable art exhibition at Colac Otway Performing Arts Centre 28 June – 13 July 2014.
• “Made with Love”, exhibition of textile and fibre works of excellence at Red Rock Regional Theatre & Gallery, 28 June – 13 July 2014 (10-5 weekends only).
• Artist talks and networking suppers at Red Rock Regional Theatre & Gallery, 5 and 12 July.
• WAM Wearable Art Market in the foyer of Colac Otway Performing Arts Centre 28 June 2014
• Plus loads more…
Check for updates, more information or book workshops at www.copacc.com.au. Call us on 52329418.
For the CrossXpollination team